Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions
In these booking conditions, ‘you’ and ‘your’ means all those named on the booking form, including anyone added at a later date. ‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ means Cross Keys Shepherd Huts.
Please read all the other information referring to your booking, including all information and any specific conditions or restrictions set out in the website description.
When a contract between us is made
When you submit an intended booking for Cross Keys Shepherd Huts, you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This is not a confirmed booking. The booking is confirmed and a contract entered into only when, having received your deposit (or the full balance if the booking is to be made within 8 weeks of your arrival) we send you a booking confirmation email showing that your deposit has been received.
When you book, you must pay the deposit amount then due by debit or credit card, or by bank transfer. We must then receive the rest of the money owed no less than 8 weeks before your stay begins.
If you book less than 8 weeks before your stay begins, we must receive full payment of the total cost when you make the booking.
There is no additional charge for debit or credit card payments.
If you do not make any payment due in relation to your booking by the appropriate date, we are entitled to assume that you want to cancel your booking. In this case, your booking may be treated as cancelled immediately.
Arrival and departure
You can arrive at your property at any time after 3pm on the start date of your rental period. You must leave by 12pm on the last day. If you fail to arrive by midday on the day after the start date of your holiday without letting us know, we may treat your booking as having been cancelled by you. In this situation, we will not refund any money you have paid.
You and all members of your party agree:
- to keep the property clean and tidy;
- to leave the property in a similar condition as you found it when you arrived;
- to behave in a way at all times while at the property which does not break any law;
- not to use the property for any illegal or commercial purpose;
- not to sublet the property or otherwise allow anyone to stay in it who we have not previously accepted as a member of your party;
- not to behave in an anti-social manner, or otherwise act in a way which may disrupt or affect the enjoyment of others;
- not to allow more than two people to stay overnight in the property and not to arrange for visitors to the property without our advance consent;
- to be responsible for and agree to reimburse to us all costs incurred by us as a result of any breakage or damage in or to the property, which is caused by you or any members of your party or any other persons invited into the property by you;
- to leave the property in a reasonable state on departure. If additional cleaning is required, to reimburse us for the cost of this cleaning;
- to notify us immediately, if you discover that anything is missing or damaged on arrival;
- to allow us to enter the property (without letting you know first if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies happen (for example if urgent repairs need to be carried out) or if you break any of these booking conditions, or any other terms and conditions that apply to your booking and/or the property.
Pets are not allowed except in The Greylag and The Moorhen. If you bring a dog with you, it is not allowed on furniture, or in the lake. Please do not leave your dog unattended in the property. Please make every effort to avoid your dog fouling the grass and gardens and take care to respect wildlife on the lake.
We can refuse to hand over the property if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party is likely to upset other guests, our staff or neighbours, or if we believe you or any member of your party will cause damage or loss to any part of the property. If this happens, the contract between you and us will end and you will not receive any refund and we will have no further responsibility to you.
We can end a stay after the keys have been handed over, if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party, including anyone invited into the property by you, is likely to spoil the enjoyment, comfort or well-being of other guests, residents, neighbours, or our staff or where you or any member of your party, or anyone invited into the property by you, has broken or is likely to break any of these booking conditions, the terms and conditions or any other conditions applying to the property. If this happens, you will have to leave the property immediately and no refund will be given. You may also be responsible for any costs we incur as a result of your behaviour.
If you want to complain, we will want to take action to deal with your complaint as soon as possible. It is essential that you contact us immediately if any problem arises, so that it can be dealt with as soon as possible. It is often very difficult and sometimes impossible to sort out problems properly unless we are told promptly. If you discuss the problem during your stay at the property, it can usually be sorted out straight away. In particular, complaints or concerns of only a temporary nature, such as how the property is prepared for your arrival, cannot be investigated unless registered during your stay.
If, after you leave for your trip, any part of your arrangements is not provided as promised, due to our negligence, we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has affected the enjoyment of your trip. We will pay as a maximum the value of the booking (or the relevant part if not all the booking is affected). The level of compensation will take into account all relevant factors, including the price of the holiday, any steps it was reasonable for you to take to reduce, as far as possible, the inconvenience or damage suffered (such as following the complaints procedure) and how much the problem affected your overall enjoyment of the holiday. Please note that it is your responsibility to show that we have been negligent if you wish to make a claim against us.
To process your booking we will need to collect and process personal information. We would like to send you information about our shepherd huts, including special offers for future holidays. We may do this by text message or email. If you would rather that we did not do this, please tell us when you book.
Cancellation by you
If you cancel your booking, you should immediately confirm your cancellation by email to email@example.com. The day you email your cancellation is accepted as the date of cancellation, provided we acknowledge receipt of your cancellation. If you do not receive an email acknowledgement, you must assume we have not received your notice. If you cancel, we will make a cancellation charge, as shown in the table below.
IF YOU CANCEL : CANCELLATION CHARGE
More than 56 days (8 weeks) prior to your arrival date : your full deposit lost
56 days or less prior to your arrival date : your balance is lost
Booking alterations made by us
It is unlikely that we will have to make changes to your booking arrangements but occasionally, as we make the arrangements for your bookings many months ahead, we may have to make changes both before and after bookings have been confirmed or we may have to cancel confirmed bookings. While we will always try hard to avoid changes and cancellations, we may need to make them at any time. Occasionally we have to make a ‘significant change’ such as a change of property, or changing the departure time by more than 12 hours. If we need to do this, we will let you know as soon as possible. If we have to make a significant change or cancel your booking, and as long as there is time to do so before the departure date, we will offer you three options:
- You can accept the changed booking arrangements we offer you;
- You can transfer to another available holiday period (the price may be different);
- You can cancel your booking (together with a refund of any amounts you have paid).
- You must notify us of your choice within 7 days of our offer. If you fail to do so we will assume that you have chosen to accept the change or alternative booking arrangements.
The options shown above are not available if any change is a minor one or if the change or cancellation arises out of alterations to the confirmed booking which you have asked for or your failure to pay the balance of your booking cost by the due date notified to you.